Pare Corporation was selected to assist with the development of a new Public Safety facility in the town of Tewksbury, MA. Pare personnel coordinated with the Architectural and MEP design teams to prepare initial Concept Reports, as well as Design Development and Construction Design Documents. Site layout was driven by many site constraints including the irregular shape of the site, wetlands, and required coordination with neighboring properties.
The facility provides a +/-24,000-SF structure with spaces for the town’s Fire Department. The new facility includes the following major components:
• Apparatus bay for Fire Department vehicles
• Three-story office, training, and living quarters space
• 6,000 SF underground infiltration system for stormwater mitigation
• New parking areas and walkway connection throughout the site
• Revised parking areas for two neighboring sites, including a land swap agreement with one of the sites
• Traffic signal at the Main Street site access
Pare provided all site/civil and geotechnical engineering for the new facility. Pare also performed wetlands delineations and permitting and provided traffic engineering services including a traffic impact analysis, designing traffic improvements, and developing new signals.